Additional Program Information
The Veterinary Assistant Level II Certificate program that requires completion of 36 semester credit hours.
A limited number of qualified students are admitted to the Veterinary Technology Program every fall semester. Prospective students must submit application and documentation by the deadline of June 1. All applications will be reviewed, ranked, and notified by June 15. For further information regarding application process requirements, applicant selection and application packet, refer to the Veterinary Technology website: alamo.edu/pac/vet-tech
Accepted students will be required to have a physical exam, tetanus prophylaxis before entrance for the fall semester. The PAC Veterinary Technology Program (VTP) strongly recommends a rabies prophylaxis vaccination series for all PACVTP students at the student's expense. Documentation verifying rabies vaccination series is requested prior to registration for the fall semester. If any student declines the rabies prophylaxis for whatever reason, a waiver is signed by the particular student and placed in the permanent file.
VTHT courses must be passed with a grade of 75% or better. NO VTHT course older than 3 years, prior to graduation, may be counted toward the AAS degree or certificate in Veterinary Technology.
Advisory Committee Members
- Dr. Bradley Book, Blue Pearl Specialty & Emergency Pet Hospital
- Dr. John Clader, Chaparral Veterinary Center
- Dr. Norbeto Espitia, Texas A&M University
- Dr. Wayne Deason, Deason Animal Hospital
- Dr. John Herbold, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Dr. Dennis McIntosh, El Dorado Animal Hospital
- Ms. Amy Ramirez, LVT, LAT, Blue Pearl Specialty & Emergency Pet Hospital
- Mrs. Nicole Reininger, LVT, MWI Animal Health
For further information, refer to the Veterinary Technology website: alamo.edu/pac/vet-tech